Saturday, April 18, 2020

Well, this was definitely not how we thought we were going to be spending our spring and the end of the school year. We have talked all year about being resilient. This is most definitely putting our backpacks full of resiliency strategies to the test.  Although we are all in this together, we do not all have the same struggles and concerns.  I can say this has been tough for many reasons for me, but I have also looked for the positives.  I have had many alumni checking in on my family and me  and we are catching it up. They are also donating to our 24/7 food pantry! I have been able to zoom, face time and chat with many friends and family that I do not typically have the time to see and talk with.  I am working out daily and getting a ton done around the house.  I am enjoying cooking, taking pictures with my camera, reading and spending a lot of time with my husband and my grandson Brody.  I won't list all the hard things...trying to be positive.  I LOVE all the chats I have with you and I also am enjoying seeing your passion projects and our word picture message "In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Please Be Kind" come to fruition.  By the way...we received so many positive messages about that!!  You all rock. What is something that you can say you have learned through all of this about yourself as a learner and person ?
Much love <3,
Mrs. Colla

5 comments:

  1. One thing I learned about myself throughout this process is that I do well with online learning and I think I am going to pursue online learning in college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You truly do. You are always communicating and on top of your work. Keep being awesome!! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I learned is how much more motivating it was to be in the classroom with all of you. I learned how no matter how scary the world is I am strong.I know so much thanks to SJ. My son has a good mom thanks to you Ms Colla . Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made my morning. You should be so proud of the woman you are and the wonderful mother that you are. I am watching you in awe. You are always willing to learn and apply the learning. In addition, you are so appreciative and that is a quality that will take you far. Being in the classroom is so very fun and I miss all of you terribly. I am here for any of you. Keep shining Mia! You have a lot to smile about. <3

    ReplyDelete